Thursday, April 1, 2010

Easter Traditions

"Christos Anesti" means "Christ has risen" in Greek. You will hear that quite often on Easter Sunday and the following weeks if you are around any Greek family during this celebratory time.

Another beautiful tradition is the abundance of Easter Lilies.
According to source, "Tradition has it that the beautiful white lilies sprung up where drops of Christ’s sweat fell to the ground in his final hours of sorrow and deep distress. Churches continue this tradition at Easter time by banking their altars and surrounding their crosses with masses of Easter Lilies, to commemorate the resurrection of Jesus Christ and hope of life everlasting."

The "Easter Bunny" ...a symbol for Easter and fertility because of their well known rapid rate of reproduction.

The egg is a symbol of rebirth. It was adopted by early Christians as a symbol for the resurrection of Jesus.
I hope that everyone has a wonderful Easter weekend as we celebrate re-birth, and the true meaning of Easter!

4 comments:

  1. Loved your post today! Love this time of year too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter and I ordered a dress from Doll House which was to be custom made. I placed the order on a Monday and was surprised to get a phone call the following Monday to say the dress had arrived it only took eight 8 days. I took the dress home and when I put the dress on my daughter, I realized that had just altered the dress (in store) and found pins still in the side seams. I was so disgusted with their lie when confronted they would not talk to me or acknowledge what they had done. To all you mum’s out there DON’T BUY FROM DOLL HOUSE.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is very informative and quality content, I ever read in my life. Thanks for sharing this content.
    Sofa Beds New Zealand

    ReplyDelete