Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Have you seen


It's Complicated?

It is a good movie but what makes it even better is the garden, house, and bakery of Meryl Streep's character.

The garden is so perfect that it makes you want to pack your bags and move to Santa Barbara where it was filmed.

It makes you wonder, can a garden really be that perfect and fruitful or is this just the work of a talented set designer?

The shed is even perfect.

And the covered outdoor loggia along the perimeter of the house.

Her house is amazing on the inside too. I love the open floor plan where the kitchen flows into the living room. The picture above and below show the view from both angles.
You cannot forget The Bakery ... ahhh! I also read that the scenes for the bakery's kitchen and refrigeration area was filmed at Sarabeth's Bakery in the Chelsea Market.

I think I will just walk right into the movie and move in!

2 comments:

  1. Hands down the most beautiful home I have ever seen. I even loved her daughter's home! It rivaled Somethings gotta give... and that's saying something!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post! Seeing it a little late but I also just saw the movie and I thought the same exact thing! It made me want to be a baker as well!

    ReplyDelete